Minting an Asset - Step by Step Guide
Minting an asset, you will first need to have an ID4Good account (Creating your Identity with ID4Good) and a Wallet4Good (Setting up your Wallet4Good) setup. To create an asset you will need access to your mobile device (or ledger) for ID4Good and a computer (or Box4good device) to be able to mint from.
Step 1: Login
- Login to your DeptOfGood account by using ID4Good
- A QR code pops up (shown below)
- Scan the QR code with the ID4Good app
- Confirm by pressing “OK” on your ID4Good app, and the login should complete on DeptOfGood
- logging in …..
- The arrow shows your profile Avatar once logged in.
Step 2: Enter the Minting Lab
- Click ” CREATE “ to enter the Minting/Creator’s Lab
Step 3: Setting up your Asset Information
- Click one of the three asset types “DIGITAL”, “HYBRID” and “PHYSICAL”. For this guide we will be minting a digital asset.
- Full out General information, Asset name, Creator name, Quantity, Royalty and description for the item
- Click “Continue”
Step 4: Add Asset Image
- Click “Insert Picture”
Note: Before you select your picture. Our NFT’s can contain multiple files. Each of those files can be from any format (e.g., pdf, video, image, documents, anything... each file up to 20Mb). We need a preview picture of the NFT 1024x1024, then for the content for example can be a 15 MB video file with a high resolution 10 MB picture. Minting using the Commercial/Home Box4Good device there are no such limits.
- After choosing your photo follow the arrow and Click “Done”.
- Click “Continue”
Step 5: Adding the Preview Picture Files
- Read the following instruction
- Click “Add File”
- Add your file that you insert the picture in Preview Image (Red Arrow).
- Add the tags (search labels for your item)
- Click “Continue” (Blue Arrow).
Step 6: Checkout
- Shows the information for the asset you filled out in Step 2 earlier (Red Arrow).
- Select the payment method for paying for the minting fee, either Wallet4Good or Pay4Good and proceed with the payment (Blue Arrow).
- Click “Mint” (Green Arrow).
Step 7: Payment with Pay4Good
If you selected Pay4Good as your payment method, you will be prompted with the next screens
- QR code to scan if you selected Pay4good (Using your ID4Good)
- You have successfully minted (if you QR code scan it will be linked to your Wallet4Good by accessing your ID4Good). Congrats you have minted an asset.