Can you have multiple ID4good accounts on your device on the same profile?
Not at the same time currently. But, it is possible to switch between accounts on one. The key do being able to do this is in creating a backup for your ID4Good account (see Creating a backup for your ID4Good account – Bloqs4Good for how).
How do I switch between accounts?
For switching between accounts, make sure to have both the iD4Good accounts backups saved in a secure spot. You will need access to the backup file that you are importing back to the device. This document will walk through removing the current account from the device and then restoring an account from a saved backup. Make sure you have both the backup.i4g file and the pin number for the account. For this demo the device will be an Android device being used. For Apple devices the process will be same, but differ slightly from the screenshots shown here.
Can I restore an ID4Good Account ?
Yes, you can restore your using your backup.i4g file. If you are just restoring your account on your device, you can skip to the Part 2 of this article.
Part 1: Remove the current Account
There are 2 methods for removing your account from the device.
Method 1: Using the Reset button in ID4Good
Step 1: Open the ID4Good App
- Navigate to the ID4Good App and open it.
Step 2: Log into the ID4Good Account
- Enter the PIN number for the account.
- Press Signin once it is highlighted.
Step 3: Enter the Profile Settings
- Click the right hand icon to enter the account settings tab (red arrow)
Step 4: Press the Reset ID4Good Button
- Press the Reset ID4Good button (red arrow).
Method 2: Clearing the App Data in the Settings
Step 1: Press and Hold on the App
- Find the App in your device’s App menu.
- Press and hold the App icon (Red arrow).
Step 2: Click the Settings Icon
- Once the App details are visible, select to open the app settings.
Step 3: Enter the Storage Section
- Select the Storage option from the list.
Step 4: Clear the Data and Cache
- Clear the data and cache by clicking on the button bottom of the page (red arrows)
- The numbers should change by Data and Cache once each are cleared
******NOTE: This method may look slightly different when performed with different device operating systems. But should be the same in general, enter app settings, find the storage settings, and clear data and cache.
The account on the device has now been removed and the device is ready for the second account to be restored.
Part 2: Recovering the ID4Good Account
Recovering your can be for a number of reasons (new device, switching accounts, etc). The general method will always be the same procedure.
Step 1: Recover the backup.i4g File
- Download a copy of your backup.i4g file from everywhere you may have stored it to your device.
- This might be from a microSD card, email or from the location you choose to save your backup file to.
Step 2: Open the ID4Good App and Select Recovery Account
- Find the ID4Good app in your device Apps and open it.
- Once the app is open, select the Recover Identity option on the ID4Good Welcome page.
Step 3: Select Backup.i4g file
- After selecting Recover Identity, you will be prompted to select the backup.i4g file from the device storage.
Step 4: Enter Account PIN
- Once the backup file is selected, the Enter Pin screen will open.
- Enter the Pin for the account.
- Press Enter
Step 5: Account Recovery Complete
- Your ID4Good account has now been restored.
Please sign in to leave a comment.